Junior Prom Reflection

Ariel Goldberg, Co Editor in Chief

Junior prom was held on Friday, March 17th, and after the event, the juniors reflected on their once-in-a-lifetime experience. Junior prom is an event organized by the school in which the grade celebrates themselves and dresses up outside of a school setting. Juniors face a lot of stress in school, as they prepare for college, take standardized tests, and are involved in difficult courses. This night recognizes their hard work all year and celebrates how far they have come since their freshman year.

Many students had positive thoughts on the night including junior Arda Karaburun who shared his favorite part about the event.

“I had a pretty good prom experience with a pre-prom to take pictures with all my friends and an after-prom with my close friends to celebrate,” Karaburun said. “It was nice to see everyone dressed up for the first time.”

Pre-prom and after-prom are not organized by the school, but it is common for the grade to meet up together before and after to take pictures with their friends and dates. 

Senior Stella Yako has been to two junior proms in her high school career and believed that this year was a hit.

“This year was so much fun! I really enjoyed seeing all the juniors dressed up,” Yako said. “I did not expect it to go by as fast as I did, last year at my own junior prom, it went by slower. I honestly had a better time this year than last year,” Yako said.

The chaperones were required to look after all the juniors during the actual part of prom in the venue. The event was held at Old Tappan Manor and went from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. No students were allowed to leave earlier.

“Next year, I think it would be better if they didn’t make kids stay for a period of time. I would recommend letting people come and go whenever,” Karaburun said.

Junior prom was a special night for the students and every year people enjoy their time. Friends are together dancing, talking, and eating food, which makes the night special. The sophomore class has this event to look forward to in the future.

“I recommend that sophomores are organized with their pre-prom and after-prom and not leave it for the last minute,” Karaburun said.

Having an organized prom plan before it is too late will maximize the fun people have according to Karaburun. 

Yako also recommends scheduling in advance before anyone gets anxious and overwhelmed before the event starts.

“Time management is key when scheduling appointments. You don’t want to be in a rush or stressed at all, and it’s important to be excited about the whole experience,” Yako said.

Photo courtesy of Stella Yako
Photo courtesy of Sloane Kaplan