The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Photo credits: pixabay
The stress of being bored
Face February break boredom
Syrena Sayid, Staff Writer • February 16, 2024

February break is coming up, and an entire week off of school always seems to be needed. That first weekend is pure bliss- you get to sleep in...

Do modern Disney movies suck?
Sophia Lee, Staff Writer • February 16, 2024

Over the span of several generations, the Disney corporation has provided us with a plethora of memorable and quality entertainment, with many...

(photo courtesy of Mia Harrison)
NVD student “ins” and “outs” for 2024
Mia Harrison, Staff writer • February 16, 2024

The “Ins and Outs for 2024” Tik Tok trend is taking people’s “for you” pages by storm. The trend is a modern twist on creating New...

Auditorium Hosts Norsemen’s Annual Pep Rally

(Photo courtesy of Dr.Sabatini) Girls Cheer team performing their stunts in front of NVD.

This year, the Norsemen hosted their annual fall pep rally on Friday September 8th. However, a big change was made to this year’s rally: it was held in the auditorium. Last year’s pep rally was held in the south gym where students were crammed in the bleachers. However, this year’s new location allowed students to be able to see everything that was happening a lot better. 

All sports teams gathered in the north gym before entering the pep rally and took photos of each other covered in face paint, showing Norsemen pride. 

The MC’s, Brandon Srebnik and Abdel Mehanni, introduced each sport as they made an entrance. The band played music as each team ran up to the stage. Sports like volleyball and cheer put on shows as they performed dances and chants to get the students riled up. Other teams included in the pep rally were cross-country, soccer, field hockey, tennis and football. The auditorium was packed as students were cheering and school spirit was rising from their seats bringing back Norseman pride after a long summer. 

(Photo Courtesy of Dr. Sabatini) Boys soccer team shows team pride as they speak about their team.