The Student Newspaper Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Another success for NVD's annual art show
Michelle Yu, Co-News Editor • June 12, 2024

NVD holds an annual art show to display students’ artwork from different art classes the school provides, including studio art and digital...

NVD student's summer songs
Lola Brown, Co Editor-in-chief • June 12, 2024

As the weather gets warmer and seasonal depression is in the rearview mirror, certain songs perfectly match the mood. These “summer songs”...

Graduation caps being thrown in the air.
Photo courtesy of stockvault.net
A senior looks back
Lucy Brisman, Managing Editor/Opinion Editor • May 31, 2024

13 years ago, County Road Elementary School gave me an ID that defined me for my entire academic career. The first four numbers were 2024....

Auditorium Hosts Norsemen’s Annual Pep Rally

(Photo courtesy of Dr.Sabatini) Girls Cheer team performing their stunts in front of NVD.

This year, the Norsemen hosted their annual fall pep rally on Friday September 8th. However, a big change was made to this year’s rally: it was held in the auditorium. Last year’s pep rally was held in the south gym where students were crammed in the bleachers. However, this year’s new location allowed students to be able to see everything that was happening a lot better. 

All sports teams gathered in the north gym before entering the pep rally and took photos of each other covered in face paint, showing Norsemen pride. 

The MC’s, Brandon Srebnik and Abdel Mehanni, introduced each sport as they made an entrance. The band played music as each team ran up to the stage. Sports like volleyball and cheer put on shows as they performed dances and chants to get the students riled up. Other teams included in the pep rally were cross-country, soccer, field hockey, tennis and football. The auditorium was packed as students were cheering and school spirit was rising from their seats bringing back Norseman pride after a long summer. 

(Photo Courtesy of Dr. Sabatini) Boys soccer team shows team pride as they speak about their team.