The Student Newspaper Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Another success for NVD's annual art show
Michelle Yu, Co-News Editor • June 12, 2024

NVD holds an annual art show to display students’ artwork from different art classes the school provides, including studio art and digital...

NVD student's summer songs
Lola Brown, Co Editor-in-chief • June 12, 2024

As the weather gets warmer and seasonal depression is in the rearview mirror, certain songs perfectly match the mood. These “summer songs”...

Graduation caps being thrown in the air.
Photo courtesy of stockvault.net
A senior looks back
Lucy Brisman, Managing Editor/Opinion Editor • May 31, 2024

13 years ago, County Road Elementary School gave me an ID that defined me for my entire academic career. The first four numbers were 2024....

Bring your child to work day comes back

On April 25, NVD brought back Bring Your Child to Work Day. It was a new experience for both the students and the children. With games throughout the day and teachers integrating their kids into their classes, students and teacher kids had a positive experience. 

There were many activities that the school set up for the children of teachers to enjoy on teacher free periods. Some examples were: making a bookmark, bracelet making, building a skeleton and decorating cookies.

Teachers also created fun activities in the classroom. Ms. Krachtus, with the help of her daughter Hadley, was able to create an awesome class period for her students. 

“I loved making slime with my mom,” Hadley said. 

Notable mention to Mr. Caminiti who spent the class period having his students draw, read books, and color. This gave an opportunity for students to relax and learn more about their teacher. 

In Ms. Miano’s Journalism class, her daughter and son (Robert and Alexa) interviewed students about what they think about high school. 

One of the responses was, “There are times when it’s challenging but that’s part of growing up, it’s a great overall experience. There are some classes you really like and some teachers you really like. You also learn a lot about grading. You start to realize that having a B on a test, that’s actually pretty good. It’s a lot more challenging” Marta Gershanok, the Editor in Chief of the Northern Star, said.

This was an overall great experience for everyone involved. It allowed teachers to share with their kids what they do at work all day. It also allowed students to get to know their teachers in a new way.