The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Glen Powell – star of Hitman
(photo courtesy of flickr.com)
New movies are sliding into the box office this summer
Penelope Alevrontas, Associate Arts Editor • May 23, 2024

Summer 2023 was a successful season for movies. “Barbenheimer” knocked the ball out of the park. “Barbenheimer” is the duo of “Barbie”...

New York Rangers at MSG
Photo Credits: NYR at MSG
They’re on their feet at the garden!
Ashley Morrison, Features Editors • May 23, 2024

Madison Square Garden’s New York Rangers (NHL) and New York Knicks (NBA) have both made the second round of their respective playoffs. Fans...

Sephora store
Pre-teen wannabes take over Sephora
Sophia Lee, News Editor • May 23, 2024

Over the past two years, the beauty retailer Sephora has experienced an increasing number of preteen customers. This raises concerns for both...

Bring your child to work day comes back

On April 25, NVD brought back Bring Your Child to Work Day. It was a new experience for both the students and the children. With games throughout the day and teachers integrating their kids into their classes, students and teacher kids had a positive experience. 

There were many activities that the school set up for the children of teachers to enjoy on teacher free periods. Some examples were: making a bookmark, bracelet making, building a skeleton and decorating cookies.

Teachers also created fun activities in the classroom. Ms. Krachtus, with the help of her daughter Hadley, was able to create an awesome class period for her students. 

“I loved making slime with my mom,” Hadley said. 

Notable mention to Mr. Caminiti who spent the class period having his students draw, read books, and color. This gave an opportunity for students to relax and learn more about their teacher. 

In Ms. Miano’s Journalism class, her daughter and son (Robert and Alexa) interviewed students about what they think about high school. 

One of the responses was, “There are times when it’s challenging but that’s part of growing up, it’s a great overall experience. There are some classes you really like and some teachers you really like. You also learn a lot about grading. You start to realize that having a B on a test, that’s actually pretty good. It’s a lot more challenging” Marta Gershanok, the Editor in Chief of the Northern Star, said.

This was an overall great experience for everyone involved. It allowed teachers to share with their kids what they do at work all day. It also allowed students to get to know their teachers in a new way.