The Student News Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Bring your child to work day comes back
Bring your child to work day comes back
The Northern Star StaffApril 29, 2024

On April 25, NVD brought back Bring Your Child to Work Day. It was a new experience for both the students and the children. With games throughout...

Lola Brown and Abdel Mehanni working at Tavern at the Iron Horse
Get to work NVD!
Lola Brown, Features Editor • April 26, 2024

Being a student is hard. There are lots of things we are responsible for. Students are involved in sports, extracurricular activities, and rigorous...

Picture of a hand smoking weed
NYC needs to retract their weed policy
Sophia Lee, Staff Writer • April 10, 2024

What comes to mind with the name “Manhattan?” Do visions of towering skyscrapers, trendy restaurants, and bougie stores come to mind? What...

49’ers vs. Chiefs

Who will win?
49ers vs. Chiefs

The Superbowl, is a world-renowned event where the two best football teams of that year both beating their playoff games make it to the Superbowl. Every Super Bowl happens in February. Millions of people gather to watch the Superbowl at their homes on TV or in person in the set stadium. This is an event where not even the biggest football fans watch, more for the halftime shows featuring celebrities, the unique advertisements, and seeing a great football game happen. This year it will be the San Francisco 49ers vs. the Kansas City Chiefs. 

This week has been full of ups and downs for the NFL league. The Ravens led by star QB Lamar Jackson had a huge upset loss against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game. The Baltimore Ravens made it to their first AFC Home Championship game in over 50 years! The original hype for this year’s Superbowl game was supposed to be The Ravens vs the Chiefs. Social media especially TikTok were blowing up with Lamar Jackson’s “edits” to end the reign of the Chiefs and Taylor Swift fans. Unfortunately, Lamar Jackson made too many mistakes and picked the worst time to have his worst game of the season. 

While star QB Patrick Mahomes played mistake-free football leading his team to another Superbowl, going for his 3rd ring. “We’re going to bounce back. Nobody played the game perfect,” Jackson said in the postgame news conference. Jackson is “not frustrated” but more “angry” with the way he played as this cost him and his team to lose the most important game of the year. “I’m angry about losing. We were a game away from the Super Bowl. We’ve been waiting all this time, all these moments for an opportunity like this and we fell short. But I feel like our team will build in the offseason, get right, get better, grind, and try to be in this position again, but on the other side of victory.” Jackson explained. 

The Raven’s offensive plays struggled and cost them the game. The Chief’s defense deserves credit for coming up with a good game plan to stop probable MVP Lamar Jackson. 

Now the Star QB Brock Purdy “Mr. Irrelevant” original 3rd string QB for the 49ers making his way to the top after both of the QBs ahead of Brock got injured in 2021-2022. Only one team will come out on top in this year’s Superbowl, Brock Purdy vs. Patrick Mahomes.