The Student Newspaper Site of Northern Valley Regional High School

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

The Northern Star

Another success for NVD's annual art show
Michelle Yu, Co-News Editor • June 12, 2024

NVD holds an annual art show to display students’ artwork from different art classes the school provides, including studio art and digital...

NVD student's summer songs
Lola Brown, Co Editor-in-chief • June 12, 2024

As the weather gets warmer and seasonal depression is in the rearview mirror, certain songs perfectly match the mood. These “summer songs”...

Graduation caps being thrown in the air.
Photo courtesy of stockvault.net
A senior looks back
Lucy Brisman, Managing Editor/Opinion Editor • May 31, 2024

13 years ago, County Road Elementary School gave me an ID that defined me for my entire academic career. The first four numbers were 2024....

Starbucks + Stanley: The collab that is making people go crazy!

Photo courtesy of Valentina Penagos
Starbucks + Stanley pink cup
Photo courtesy of Valentina Penagos Starbucks + Stanley pink cup

It is not a secret that Stanley cups are the new trend, everyone is talking about it, and because of their high demand, they are probably on every girl’s wishlist. If walking in the hallways, it is likely to notice at least one person with a Stanley Cup. 

Allison Jesner, a junior at NVD was asked why she thinks these cups are so trendy, “they come in so many colors and it just makes you [it] like fun to drink water,” Jesner said. 

Photo courtesy of Valentina Penagos
Starbucks + Stanley pink cup

Everything was completely normal until a collaboration between Starbucks and Stanley came out and people started to freak out wanting to have them. The cup can only be bought in Starbucks stores in Target locations and since it is a limited edition, everyone wants this cup. They were selling so fast at Target that people were buying tons of these cups to re-sell them afterward for a higher price. Because of this, Target put a limit of one or two cups per person depending on the Target store. 

Social media videos about people waiting in line before Target opens to get their Stanley cups are trending, the popularity and revenue of this company is getting bigger. People are going above and beyond and waiting from three or four in the morning until the store opens, to get the Stanley Cup. They bring chairs and blankets so they can stay warm until the sun comes out and the stores open their doors. 

“I would line up for a cup if it was pink. Some of the new cups are such a pretty shade, I think it’s worth it,” Jesner said. 

The situation about these Stanley Cup collaborations is controversial, because of the hype they are getting, people are taking advantage and getting exaggerated amounts of money for just one cup. StockX, a popular online marketplace reselling store is where the Stanley cups can be bought, for more than $200. 

“I don’t think it’s worth it to buy a 200-dollar one,” Jesner said. 

So, it is up to the person to decide whether to buy it or not.