Upcoming Valentine’s Day Crafts

Upcoming Valentine’s Day Crafts

Alexandra Stanivukovic, Staff Writer

As students walk the halls of the school, they can see colorful flowers near the front of the school, and students happily walk around the building with them in their hands. 

Annual Valentine’s Day projects have started to pop up in NVD, and the art club has begun theirs. 

For Valentine’s Day,  flower making is what the art club sells, and hands out to students.

“We begin planning it, making them, and gathering orders throughout January,” Lydia Byun, a sophomore at NVD said.

The experience is creative and enjoyable for those who are a part of the Art Club. According to Byun, they’re able to form a variety of unique flower arrangements.

“The process is enjoyable. The community of the art club and learning to make these beautiful creations was fun,” Byun said. 

Byun has been passionate about her artwork for many years and explains where her love for art really began. 

“Ever since I was about ten years old, I’ve loved art. Mostly digital, but I still love doing little crafts like flower making,” Byun said. 

Although creating the flowers is enjoyable, delivering them to the students and teachers is heart-warming. 

“Giving them out to different people I wouldn’t have talked to before and seeing their reactions was lovely and pretty amazing,” Byun said.

Byun’s favorite was expressing her artistic passion and personal touch in the flowers she created. 

“The creativity aspect of the whole project was really fun. I got to add my input and ideas and express my passion for art,” Byun said.

Byun hopes for new club members not just for Valentine’s Day, but for other projects. 

“Having new members and people with shared interests is fun! It’s another way for me to get out of my comfort zone and for people to find their place at school, especially if they’re freshmen,” Byun said.